Tuesday 8 March 2016

Squirrel!!!

As I was walking to the station, I spotted a squirrel.
New Zealand is a land of birds; we only have one native land mammal (Do you know what species it is?) I thought the students at TAI would probably be interested to see a squirrel, as we don't have them in New Zealand. I decided to video, and was delighted to watch him actually bury an acorn. 
In the forests of Europe, animals like the squirrel forget where they have stashed acorns, nuts and seeds. Consequently, these buried treasures sprout and become big trees. 


6 comments:

  1. Awesome !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool luc and kael didnt believe me when i showed them . Hope your having a awesome time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are they cute Donna? Do people have them as pets or are they simply pests?
    Really loving your commentary on life over there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very cute and they can be spotted in gardens quite close to houses. I don't know of any being kept, but they might get quite friendly around people.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete